Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sophie getting her EEG

About two weeks ago Sophie had what we think was a mild "seizure" for lack of a better word. The first time she had one of these "mild seizures" it scared us but after praying we felt reassured that it wasn't serious. We wanted to show her pedietrican just in case there could be a chance that there was something wrong. Fortuantely, I caught the incident on video and showed it to her pedietrican, who suggested Sophie get an EEG (a test for brainwave activity during sleep). Since I have epilepsy in my family, I'm kind of used to these kind of tests because of my little sister Carly, so it wasn't very dramatic or scary. Sophie did really well...she didn't cry or squirm at all when the nurse was putting all of the wires on her head...trust me, there were a lot of wires as you can see in the picture. Our daughter is so tough! The only thing that was sad was when we had to pull the tape off of her head and shoulders...I've never heard her cry so hard in all of her life. It made me sad. Anyway, we will receive the results hopefully tomorrow or the next day. From what I observed in her test, it seemed like her brainwaves were normal, so I'm reassured. Tanner gave her a blessing too and we felt that she is okay, hopefully the results will reassure our feelings. I just wanted to document what happened and ask for your prayers. Thanks!

What seemed like the hundreds of wires that the nurse put on Sophie. She just slept through it, pretty amazing!

After all the wires were put on the nurse wrapped her head in gauze to make sure Sophie didn't pull any of them off. Again, she did exactly what she was supposed to do and slept. It actually took her about two hours to fall asleep but in the end they got what they needed.

3 comments:

Carly B's Blog said...

Oh! Sophie! Thats sad! I love her!

Cortney said...

Poor thing. I hope everything comes back ok. I'll pray for her. I'm sure that's hard to go through.

Brittany said...

Oh she is a doll. I didn't know this was happening!