Tanner, Sophie, and I went up to Stanrod this weekend to help plant our family's garden...Now this wasn't any small wimpy garden that you might be thinking of, no. This garden is 3/4 of an acre, has a cattle guard fence around the perimeter, and could probably sustain at least 10 familes. :) For those of you who don't know, Tanner has 15 brother and sisters, 16 counting him. The oldest is almost 30 and the youngest is almost 2. Realistically, having a garden this size is somewhat necessary to help feed all of the 10 kids still at home haha. And it's a very fun project for everyone when the garden is ready to harvest. Anyway, these are some photos from the blessed event, hope you enjoy them!
Sophie and I getting ready to go help plant the garden. When Ian (he's 7) saw Sophie he said she looked like a robber or something....I think it's because her carrier kind of looks like a bandana covering her face. Haha, got to love Ian.

Here's a picture of the garden after the cattle guard fence was put up. This picture doesn't do the garden justice...it's much bigger in person!

Sally, Brian, and Tanner planting corn seed....30 rows to be exact...that's a lot of corn. The tool they're using is from the late 1800's early 1900's I think.

Brian and Jed watching from afar....

Ethan hauling rocks off from the garden on the four wheeler. He saw me taking this picture and turned his body and smiled without even me asking him to. Such a good camera poser! :)

Ian climbing on the fence

These are Landon's missionary buddies that came for some of the weekend and helped put up the fence for the garden. Left to right: JJ, Bryson, I forgot this guy's name but it starts with an L, Tom (he's from England and now living in New Zealand, he's really funny), Tyson, and of course Landon. What a cute bunch of boys!

This gives you a better look at the garden...this is realistically only half...yes, it's that big!

Shad and Rosie mowing the lawn

Lad, Ian, and Ky building their mountain of dirt.

Just a picture of the green landscape.

Rosie, the ferocious guard dog, haha not really, she was just chillin in the grass watching all of us work.

Tanner making holes to plan squash seeds.

Cute sally who I kind of caught off guard but she looks beautiful anyway!

Some rows of seeds we planted...I think they're beets, radishes, and lettuce.

Tanner spent most of Monday morning and afternoon building this perrenial herb box. Doesn't it look so good! The white pipe is going to have white tarp over it to make a little greenhouse, kind of fun! My husband is so inventive!

Landon finishing up the mounds for potatoes. I didn't know potatoes were so labor intensive...do not try at home haha.
3 comments:
wow that is one garden! I can't even get started on my little garden!
WOW! Tons of work, but it looks like fun.
wow awesome! I need to go home.
Post a Comment