I wanted to give a shout out to my wonderful Nonni and wish her a Happy 75th Birthday on June 6. My Nonni is the most wonderful woman I have ever met. She's kind, nurturing, loving, an awesome cook, strong, dedicated, a wonderful wife and mother, and the best grandma in the world! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend as much time with her as I have wanted to since she lives back in Connecticut where all my relatives live. We moved when I was six. However, I cherish the memories that I have with her growing up these past 20 years of my life.
I remember the funny things she would say to me when I was little, "Chew, chew, chew", or "Who wants an ice cream sundae?" Without fail whenever we come visit she has her freezer stocked with ice cream, fudgsicles, popcicles, you name it. Oh my and her Chicken Divan I live for haha. If you don't know what chicken divan is then too bad for you. And I love how she cuts up candy bars haha, that always made me laugh.
Even though I don't drink coffee I remember waking up every morning when we visited and smelling coffee brewing in the kitchen. I love that smell, it always reminds me of my Nonni. I have learned so much from her looking back at my life. She has put up with so much her entire life and has dealt with it with such class and grace. I mean she raised my dad haha, jk dad.
Non, I just want to tell you that I love you so much and how much you mean to me. You have been one of the many guiding stars in my life and I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. I regret the time that we've missed but look forward to the many years to come. I think it's so fun that I was your first grandchild and now in July you'll be able to meet your first great-grandchild Sophie. Thank you for being so supportive over the past two years with Tanner and I, for helping me with problems that I had or just being a shoulder to cry on when I was "down and troubled" (James Taylor lyrics) haha. I know that you'll be there for me whenever I need you and I am so glad to know that. Sorry I haven't called in awhile, things have been a little busy but that's no excuse. I hope you and Pop Pop have a wonderful time celebrating your birthday. You are a strong and gorgeous woman and I love you with all of my heart Nonni.
Your loving 'first' grandaughter.
1 comments:
Hi friend, peace...
Your post very interesting. If you willing read and comment to my new post please, at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
And... if you love books, read the Islamic books please, example: The Holy Qur'an.
Post a Comment